Thursday, July 14, 2011

What to do if an ederly woman falls and bruises her head?

My mother fell the other night and her housemate did not call us she said because she was able to get her up. She is 88. Mother had a stroke a couple of weeks ago while having a stent put in her heart. She is weak and walks with a cane. This is the second head injury in two weeks. I wish the lady had called one of us who live only blocks away. Roomy is having difficulty accepting her limitations and it has caused discord between us. Last week she was rushed to the emergency room for waterig the grass in 105 degree weather and falling herself. My brother and I have been staying at my mothers house day and night for the last two weeks and as she got better and could walk around without help went home for the nights and asked to be called for anything that was needed. The roomy doesn't need anything she says. She can do it all and is supposed to be on a cane herself. I am worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment